CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

I can see!!!

So I have been getting a lot of headaches lately when I where my glasses at school.... and when I take them off in the evening. I decided that my eye prescription wasn't any good anymore so I went to the eye doctor. After blowing air in my eyes and telling me to name a bunch of blurry letters (well I think they were letters, I could have sworn some of them were just square dots...) he told me my eyes have gotten a little worse. He was able to check the prescription on my current glasses by putting them on this little machine thing that told him how strong they were.

While I was waiting in the lobby before my appointment, I was looking at a lot of glasses that they had on display and they were EXPENSIVE!! So when he told me I'd have to get new lenses, I asked him how much contacts would cost. They would only be about $100 a year. I thought about it... and decided it would be much better to have contacts! So I walked out of the appointment with my new contacts on. They took FOREVER to get on and off while I was a the eye doctor, but the second time around was much better. I can now see all the time! It is amazing what I've been missing! When we walk out of our apartment, the Temple is right in view and before I saw a huge white building that looked more like a blur but when i walked out last night with my contacts in, I actually saw detail and individual lights that were shining on the Temple. It was so pretty!

My next step is to get colored contacts once I get used to these ones more. Of course I wouldn't want to hide my "beautiful" brown eyes, it would just be nice to just enhance them a little! lol.

I really like the smiley face contacts on the bottom row... what do you think?!?

6 comments:

bethany said...

go with the cat eyes......... totally. that's what i would get....

Darlene Moore said...

Once when you and Jeff were little I had to take you along on my eye Dr. appt. I was going to see if I could get contacts. Both of you BEGGED me to get BROWN contacts so that my pale blue eyes would be the same color as all the rest of the family! So I vote for the blue ones!

Hunter Family said...

I kind of like the scary red ones.

MicMoor77 said...

I've been thinking about getting the blackouts for myself. For daily use I wear the Focus Day & Night lenses. I got them from http://www.discountcontactlenses.com/ Pretty good deals from that website, but there are lots of discount lens dealers online so you can check around. They are all cheaper than ordering from your optometrist.

Moore Family said...

Wait, don't you already sport the bleary red-eyed college student eyes without the contacts? Go for the green ones since Christmas is coming up.

markrystal said...

Cool, I want some too! I'm glad you can see to drive now!hehe