CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Random pictures from Summer Trip

I thought that I should post some more pictures from my expedition this summer! There were a lot of really cool things I did, I wish I could post all my pictures! About a month ago Alex saw Havasaupi Canyon on the news. Havasaupi Canyon is an Indian reservation at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. My expedition group had hiked the ten or so miles to the base of this canyon and camped for a few days. Just one month after our visit, a large dam upstream broke and flooded the entire canyon. Almost 40 people had to be air lifted from the canyon one at a time in the middle of the night. Many of the indians in the Havasaupi tribe also had to be airlifted out. I feel so lucky that the dam didn't break while we were there! You can view some pictures from my trip to Havasaupi in my post from June 22.

1 comments:

Darlene Moore said...

Good thing that dam held while you were there! But then again.... you might have gotten to ride in a helicopter if it had broken during your trip! That would have been cool!